Z???Tejas to raise money for Bellevue Lifespring in September
Z???Tejas Southwestern Grill will raise money for Bellevue LifeSpring with its annual Chile Fest Sept. 6-25.
Chile Fest is an annual celebration that pays tribute to the harvest of the chilies in Hatch, New Mexico. During this time, Z’Tejas offers a special menu. With the sale of each entree, Z’Tejas donates $1 to Bellevue LifeSpring, formerly Overlake Service League.
Bellevue LifeSpring promotes stability, self-sufficiency and independence for those in need in the Bellevue community through programs and services that feed, clothe, shelter and educate. Volunteers will be at Z???Tejas Sept. 6 to answer questions about the cause.
The special Chile Fest menu includes:
- Chile and Onion Rings: Hatch New Mexico Chile rings and fresh onion straws dipped in buttermilk and seasoned flour, flash-fried, topped with queso fresco and served with prickly pear chipotle BBQ sauce and ranch dressing ($7.99)
- Prickly Pear Glazed Meatballs*: Beef and chorizo meatballs smothered in a prickly pear chipotle BBQ sauce, served with crispy Hatch New Mexico Chile and fresh onion rings ($10.99) *Dinner menu only
Four dinner entrees:
- Chicken Tinga Rellenos:?? Smoked chicken marinated in tinga sauce, stuffed into Hatch New Mexico Chiles, flash-fried, topped with chipotle sour cream and queso fresco, in a green chile sauce, served with nopalitos salad ($12.99)
- Ancho Trout:?? Ancho bacon panko crusted ruby trout, topped with a mesclun mix salad, avocados, onions, tomatoes and queso fresco in an apricot dressing and green chile aioli?? ($17.99)
-Jambalaya Farfalle:?? Bay scallops, smoked chicken, andouille and pesto marinated shrimp in creole sauce with farfalle pasta, peas, ancho chiles, topped with queso fresco ($18.99)
- Green Chile Carne Guisada:?? Chile beef guisada, mixed with red and yellow peppers and Hatch New Mexico Chiles in a green chile sauce, topped with cilantro and queso fresco, served in a cast iron skillet with hot flour tortillas ($ 13.99)
Four lunch entrees:
- Chile Chicken Salad: Chile glazed chicken atop a mesclun mix with tomatoes, red onions, avocados, pickled Hatch New Mexico Chiles and chipotle peppers, tossed in an apricot dressing, topped with queso fresco ($12.99)
- Chicken Tinga Rellenos:?? Smoked chicken marinated in tinga sauce, stuffed into Hatch New Mexico Chiles, flash-fried, topped with chipotle sour cream and queso fresco, in a green chile sauce served with nopalitos salad ($11.99)
- Jambalaya Farfalle:?? Bay scallops, smoked chicken, andouille and pesto marinated shrimp in creole sauce with farfalle pasta, peas, ancho chiles, topped with queso fresco ($16.99)
- Corona Pork Enchiladas: Pork braised in Corona beer and Jack cheese, topped with green chile sauce, queso fresco and chipotle pur??e, served with sweet corn rice and borracho beans ($10.99)
Two drink specials:
- Dobel Diamond Smash:?? Maestro Dobel Tequila, Herradura Agave Nectar and muddled lemon and mint leaves ($8.50)
- Guacamole Margarita:?? Hornitos Reposado, avocado, fresh lime juice, jalape??o mint syrup with an onion salt rim and garnished with salsa fresco ($8.50)
- Sweet Ancho Cake:?? Shredded sweet potato, ancho chile, rum soaked raisins, and walnuts layered with green chile custard and topped with jalape??o mint cream cheese frosting ($6.25)
Z???Tejas is located in the lodge on the third level of Bellevue Square; (425) 467-5911; www.ztejas.com.