By Sarah Butler
From the must-have color palettes to artisanal prints, everything is perfectly refreshing for Spring 2012. You too can be a style muse this season with top trends for spring from The Bellevue Collection.
Here are the looks that debuted April 21 at the Spring 2012 Exclusive Runway Show.
1. African Artisan: The ultimate escape into tribal stripes, animal prints, and natural textures with a local artisan focus on beads, weaves, and more.
2. Sand to Sea: An ode to underwater world! From seaweed, seashells, and fish scales to ocean waves and glittering sunsets, it’s time to live in pearlized finishes that shimmer like a mermaid’s tail.
3. Candy Coated: Indulge in a sugary sweet color palette for spring that’s inspired by your favorite sweets, from lemon sorbet to mint ice cream.
4. Floral Focus: A head-to-toe floral explosion of hyper-bright blossoms. From graphic to oversized to abstracted, it’s a fresh new take on a classic spring print.
5. Graphic Metallic: Graphic color blocking meets glamour and glitz for a very architectural look.
6. Ladylike Chic: Femininity takes form in lace and pleats for a fragile but strong appeal.
7. Fit Fashion: Performance fabrics bring the thrill of sports to fashion with hi-tech prints, drawstring details, and streamlined track pants.
Want more insider scoop? The Bellevue Collection has created a “Behind the Scenes” video of its Spring 2012 Look Book photo shoot. See what it takes to make the fashion guide of the season, from hair and makeup to stylists and photographers – it’s all there in one irresistible video.
Visit The Bellevue Collection’s Spring Website at, bellevuecollection.com/SpringFashion.
Sarah Butler is Fashion Events & Editorial Coordinator for The Bellevue Collection