Home » Featured, Wine
Would you like some wine with that junk food?
Top six wine picks inspired by the sugary sweets and salty flavors of some of your favorite junk foods.
By Allan Aquila | Photos by Chad Coleman
1. When it comes to the movie-goers staple of Popcorn, pair a Buttery Chardonnay such as the 2008 Hahn Estates Chardonnay (Monterey, CA) $11.99.
2. Get your chocolate fix by pairing M&Ms with a chocolate-y enriched Cabernet such as a bottle of the 2007 Januik Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley, WA) $29.99.
3. Forget pizza and beer. Think Italian and savor a gourmet pizza with a classic 2006 Podere Ruggeri Corsini Barbera d’Alba “Armujan” (Piemonte, Italy) $24.99.
4. What wine would pair nicely with traditional Red Vines? Look no further than the delicate flavors of raspberries that can be found in a bottle of 2007 Writer’s Block Grenache (Lake County, CA), $14.99.
5. Vanilla ice cream is a go-to delight, perfect as a stand alone or paired with a slice of apple pie. To add an extra little treat, try pairing a scoop of ice cream with a lightly sparkling, lightly sweet, light in alcohol wine: 2008 Cascina del Santuario Moscato d’Asti (Piemonte, Italy) $11.99. I challenge anyone not to fall in love with this wine!
6. What do potato chips and Marilyn Monroe have in common? Go back to when it all started in 1955 with the movie, “The Seven Year Itch”. In true Marilyn Monroe style, pair the saltiness of potato chips with a bottle of the French/California hybrid: 2005 Domaine Carneros by Taittinger (Napa, CA) $24.99.
Wine courtesy of Grand Cru Wine Shop, 1020 108th Ave NE Suite 120 Bellevue, 98004, 425.455.4363