Fashion, fashionistas shine at Neiman Marcus
BY ROSE DENNIS
From Bellevue to Australia, Manhattan to Milan, the fourth annual after hours shopping extravaganza called Fashion’s Night Out on Sept. 6 was a worldwide initiative to promote local retail and celebrate the fashion industry.
Neiman Marcus celebrated the event with a fabulous Trend Runway Presentation to a standing-room-only audience. Rachel Roberts and her team did a beautiful job selecting the best fall looks that were worn down the runway. Many guests shared how they were impressed with the masterful mixing and matching of colors, patterns and textures in creating the looks that they cannot wait to wear this fall.
The Neiman Marcus list of must haves include:
- The Jacket, which goes over everything, and looks ultra-feminine draped over your shoulders;
- Navy as the new neutral, which was paired with black, tan and many bright colors;
- The Leather Legging, which was worn under everything, including skirts and dresses;
- Mixed Greens, where hues of green were worn solo or in combination, to spruce up our existing wardrobe; and
- The Smoking Slipper, which is a chic flat loafer that is designed to be worn with narrow cropped pants.
The key accessories shared included: cherry colored lips, a statement handbag, and wearing a cluster of brooches to accent, and of course, add drama.
I cannot wait, let the shopping begin!
Rose Dennis writes about events in Bellevue and the Greater Seattle area. She lives in Bellevue.